There are no ferry lines direct from Rimini to Croatia (as there used to be in the past), but are there are services from the nearby ports of Cesenatico and Pesaro. Travelling from Rimini to Croatia is therefore still reasonably straightforward.
Alternatives to Rimini
We would suggest that it is probably better to fly to Venice or Trieste airports rather than Rimini if you wish to go to Istria or Kvarner, or to Ancona airport if you want to reach Dalmatia. Bus routes from Venice or Trieste and ferry routes from Ancona are more frequent (and year-round), so will provide you with more choices when trying to reach Croatia. There are also catamaran services from Venice to towns in Istria during summer.
Flights from the UK to Rimini and Bologna
- Ryanair have flights from London Luton, London Stansted, Bristol, Manchester and Edinburgh to Bologna, and from London Stansted to Rimini
- British Airways have flights from London Heathrow to Bologna
- Easyjet have flights from London Gatwick to Bologna
Useful Travel Links
- Rimini Airport Information from the wonderfully named “Federico Fellini International Airport”
- Bologna Airport Information on getting to/from the airport
- Trenitalia Train timetables for journeys within Italy