Given its location in central Dalmatia and its relative proximity to the popular islands of Brac and Hvar, you may well expect Vis to be just as lively. In fact, the very opposite is true – for the island was closed to foreign visitors (and therefore didn’t develop as a tourist base) until the 1990s. As the most westerly of all the main Croatian islands, it’s also the furthest (large) island from the mainland. It’s a perfect holiday destination for those looking for something a little different – and something quite peaceful and relaxing. Go now before the crowds find it! (If the Mamma Mia 2 fans haven’t yet descended – for the island was the main filming location for this film.)
In terms of accommodation on Vis, hotels are few and far between. However, there are plenty of private accommodation offerings – including rooms, apartments, villas and more.
Vis is connected by ferry and catamaran to Split, so it’s easy to reach from the mainland. However, there are few ferry connections from the other Dalmatian islands, so it’s really only reachable from Split.
Use the search box below to search for hotels and private accommodation on Vis, or read on to see accommodation listings in different locations on the island:
Accommodation on Vis – Hotels
Hotel locations are show in brackets.
Accommodation on Vis – Boutique Hotels
- Hotel San Giorgio (Vis Town)
Villas on Vis
- This Is Vis – Rent a stylish 4 storey townhouse just metres from the sea on the Mediterranean’s best kept secret – Vis, Croatia’s most beautiful and remote island
- Luxury House on Vis – A luxury seafront house with two large terraces and stunning views across the peaceful and picturesque bay of Vis. Sleeps 4-6, beautifully furnished…and they even provide bicycles!
- Villa Anna (Sleeps 4 – close to town centre)
- Villa Lastavica (Sleeps 8 – pool, parking)
- Villa Luana (Sleeps 8 – parking, pets allowed, close to beach)
- Villa Mediterana (Sleeps 10 – pool, parking, close to beach)
- Villa Periska Komiza (Sleeps 8 – pool, parking)
- Villa Roca (Sleeps 12 – pool, parking, private beach)
- Villa Tangerine Vis (Sleeps 6 – terrace, hot tub, parking, pets allowed, close to beach)
Campsites on Vis
- Heaven On Earth (Rukavac) – Luxury tents sleeping up to 5 people on a site with a private beach area.
Private Accommodation on Vis
- Visit Croatia Recommends Bed and Breakfast Dionis Vis An excellent location right in the heart of Vis Town and mere steps from the harbour, this small private accommodation offering has a few rooms (fully equipped) of differing sizes. Breakfast – in the cafe seating in the courtyard – is included and always hearty. This central courtyard makes and appearance in Mamma Mia 2!
- Search for more private accommodation on Vis with Booking.com