Here’s information on the best ways of getting to Dubrovnik, including flights from the UK, Ireland and Europe, ferry from Italy, and air, bus and ferry (but not train!) from the rest of Croatia.
Getting to Dubrovnik – Flights from the UK & Ireland
As Dubrovnik is the most southern city in Croatia, the most practical way to reach it is to do so by air, especially as there’s a very good frequency of flights during the summer months.
British Airways operates flights from London Heathrow and London Gatwick to Dubrovnik. Although they don’t operate these flights year-round, the airline normally offers a few flights a week around the Christmas/New Year period.
Easyjet has daily flights from London Gatwick to Dubrovnik in peak season (lower frequency before and after). They also have several flights a week from Bristol, Manchester and Edinburgh airports to Dubrovnik.
Ryanair will have two new for 2024! routes from London Stansted and Manchester to Dubrovnik, both starting from April 2024. This will join their previous route from Dublin to Dubrovnik. Their flights from London Stansted and Dublin will fly year-round!
Wizzair has a route from London Luton to Dubrovnik, flying four times a week from June to October.
TUI have flights from London Gatwick, Bristol, Birmingham, Manchester and Leeds Bradford.
Jet2.com fly from London Stansted, Birmingham, East Midlands, Leeds Bradford, Manchester, Newcastle, Edinburgh and Belfast to Dubrovnik.
Aer Lingus fly from Dublin to Dubrovnik, as well as a route from Cork.
Please see our Flights to Croatia section for the latest flight details and full dates of operation for all of the flights mentioned above.
Flights to Dubrovnik from Europe
N.B. The following routes are all direct. You may also be able to reach other destinations in the following countries with a stopover – for example, Eurowings offers flights from a number of other destinations in Germany via stopovers at the cities listed below. Many of the flights listed below operate only during summer.
Flights from Austria to Dubrovnik
- Eurowings flights from Salzburg
- Lauda flights from Vienna
- Level flights from Vienna
- Ryanair flights from Vienna year-round
- Vueling flights from Vienna
- Wizzair flights from Vienna
Flights from Belgium to Dubrovnik
- Brussels Airlines from Brussels
- Ryanair flights from Brussels Charleroi new for 2024!
- TUIfly from Brussels
Flights from the Czech Republic to Dubrovnik
Flights from Denmark to Dubrovnik
Flights from Finland to Dubrovnik
- Finnair flights from Helsinki
- Norwegian flights from Helsinki
- Ryanair flights from Helsinki new for 2024!
Flights from France to Dubrovnik
- Croatia Airlines flights from Paris
- Easyjet flights from Paris Orly, Lyon, Nantes and Toulouse
- Ryanair flights from Paris Beauvais new for 2024!
- Transavia flights from Paris and Nantes
- Volotea from Bordeaux, Lyon, Marseilles, Nantes and Tolouse
- Vueling flights from Paris
Flights from Germany to Dubrovnik:
- Condor flights from Frankfurt and Dusseldorf
- Croatia Airlines flights from Frankfurt year-round and Munich
- Easyjet flights from Berlin
- EuroWings flights from Berlin, Cologne/Bonn, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Hanover, Munich and Stuttgart
- Lufthansa flights from Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Munich year-round and Berlin
- Ryanair flights from Berlin Brandenburg new for 2024!, Dusseldorf Weeze new for 2024!, Karlsruhe / Baden Baden new for 2024! and Memmingen new for 2024!
- Transavia flights from Munich
Flights from Greece to Dubrovnik
Flights from Hungary to Dubrovnik:
- LOT flights from Budapest
Flights from Italy to Dubrovnik
- Aeroitalia from Forli
- Easyjet flights from Milan Malpensa, Naples and Venice
- Croatia Airlines flights from Rome
- ITA Airways flights from Rome
- Ryanair flights from Milan Bergamo new for 2024! and Rome Fiumicino new for 2024!
- Sky Alps from Bolzano
- Volotea from Bari
- Vueling from Rome
- Wizzair from Rome
Flights from Luxembourg to Dubrovnik:
- Luxair flights from Luxembourg
Flights from Lithuania to Dubrovnik:
- AirBaltic flights from Vilnius
Flights from Latvia to Dubrovnik:
- AirBaltic flights from Riga
Flights from the Netherlands to Dubrovnik:
Flights from Norway to Dubrovnik
- Norwegian flights from Bergen, Oslo and Stavanger
- Ryanair flights from Oslo Torp new for 2024!
- SAS flights from Oslo
Flights from Poland to Dubrovnik:
- LOT flights from Warsaw and Krakow
- Ryanair flights from Krakow new for 2024!, Poznan new for 2024! and Wroclaw new for 2024!
- Wizzair from Warsaw and Wroclaw
Flights from Serbia to Dubrovnik
- Air Serbia flights from Belgrade
Flights from Spain to Dubrovnik
Flights from Sweden to Dubrovnik:
- Norwegian flights from Stockholm
- Ryanair flights from Stockholm Arlanda new for 2024!
- SAS flights from Stockholm
Flights from Switzerland to Dubrovnik
- Croatia Airlines flights from Zurich
- Easyjet flights from Geneva and Basel
- Edelweiss flights from Zurich
- Swiss flights from Geneva
Flights from Turkey to Dubrovnik
- Turkish Airlines flights from Istanbul
Flights to Dubrovnik from outside Europe
Flights from the U.S. to Dubrovnik:
- United flights from New York-Newark
Flights from the United Arab Emirates to Dubrovnik
- Flydubai from Dubai
Flights from Qatar to Dubrovnik
- Qatar Airways from Doha
Flights from Turkey to Dubrovnik:
- Turkish Airlines flights from Istanbul
Getting to Dubrovnik – Flying via Zagreb
Croatia Airlines has several flights every day from Zagreb to Dubrovnik; these flights operate year-round. If you can’t find a suitable flight direct to Dubrovnik, see if you can fly/travel to Zagreb and then get a Croatia Airlines flight from there.
If you’re travelling during winter, the above route via Zagreb is also suitable to give you a few more options.
Getting to Dubrovnik by Bus and Ferry from Europe
There is an international bus service from Trieste in Italy, which takes about 12 hours and is run by Arriva. There are also bus services to Dubrovnik from neighbouring Bosnia & Hercegovina and Montenegro – see more details on the Dubrovnik Bus Station website.
An international ferry service from Bari runs from late March to late October (with a higher frequency in summer) that is operated by Jadrolinija. Do also see our Travelling from Bari section for more details.
Getting to Dubrovnik from elsewhere in Croatia
Dubrovnik can also be reached by bus from Zagreb (which takes about 12 hours), Rijeka or Split. Check out schedules on the Dubrovnik Bus Terminal website.
There is a fast catamaran to Dubrovnik from Split, run by Kapetan Luka. This catamaran takes four and a half hours each way and makes stops on the islands of Brac, Hvar, Korcula and Mljet en route. The service runs daily from the beginning of April to the end of October
Kapetan Luka also has a catamaran from Split to Dubrovnik that stops at Bol on Brac, Makarska, Korcula and Mljet on the way. This runs daily from the beginning of June to the end of September.
Use the search box below to book tickets for the Kapetan Luka catamarans from Hvar – or Split or Korcula – to Dubrovnik:
Jadrolinija also have a catamaran from Split via Bol, Hvar and Korcula. It operates from the beginning of June to mid-September.
TP Line also as a catamaran running from Split to Dubrovnik, via Mila (Brac), Hvar, Korcula and Pomena (Mljet). The catamaran operates from the end of April to mid-October.
Note: The Jadrolinija coastal ferry from Rijeka to Split, Stari Grad (Hvar) and Korcula to Dubrovnik no longer operates.
Getting to Dubrovnik by Train
There are no trains to Dubrovnik! Don’t try and reach Dubrovnik by train – the city famously has no train station!