Getting to Korcula by car ferry from Split
There is a daily car ferry service with Jadrolinija that sails from Split to Vela Luka on the western side of the island. Journey time is 3 and a half hours, and the service runs year-round. (Twice a day every day during summer; twice a day apart from Saturday and Sunday during off season.)
Getting to Korcula by catamaran from Split
- Split to Vela Luka: for something a bit more speedy, there’s also a daily (year-round) catamaran service from Split to Vela Luka with Jadrolinija. Journey time is an hour and 45 minutes. The catamaran docks at Hvar Town on Hvar on the way, and then continues on to Lastovo after Korcula.
- Split to Prigradica/Korcula: Also run by Jadrolinija, this one also stops at Hvar Town en route. It’s 2 hours 15 minutes to Prigradica, and just over 3 hours to Korcula Town.
- Split to Korcula: During the peak summer months (June to September, but especially during July and August), there are additional catamaran services from Split to Korcula that stop at Hvar Town along the way. These are also run by Jadrolinija
- Split to Korcula: Jadrolinija also have a catamaran that sails from Split via Bol (Brac) and Hvar Town to Korcula (travelling on to Dubrovnik). This catamaran takes 3 hours 15 minutes to reach Korcula and sails daily from early June to mid September. This catamaran sails in the mid-afternoon from Split to Korcula.
- Split to Korcula: Kapetan Luka have a summer catamaran service that runs from Split to Dubrovnik, stopping at Milna (Brac), Hvar Town, Korcula Town, Mljet and Dubrovnik – this is very useful if you’re trying to reach Korcula from any of these places! It’s 2 hours 20 minutes from Split to Korcula. This catamaran operates from the end of April to the end of October; it runs daily from the end of May to mid October. This sails in the morning from Split to Korcula.
- Split to Korcula: Another Kapetan Luka catamaran – sailing from Split to Bol (Brac), Makarska, Korcula Town, Sobra (Mljet) and Dubrovnik. This one also takes 2 hours 20 minutes to reach Korcula from Split, and runs daily from early June to mid September. This sails in the morning from Split to Korcula.
Getting to Korcula by catamaran from Dubrovnik
- Dubrovnik to Korcula: During July & August, ferry company G & V Line run a daily catamaran service from Dubrovnik to Korcula (which also stops at Sobra and Polace on the island of Mljet on the way) – it is their “Nona Ana” catamaran route. Journey time to Korcula is 2 and a half hours.
- Dubrovnik to Korcula: The above-mentioned (under Split catamarans) Kapetan Luka catamarans can also be used to reach Korcula from Dubrovnik. Sailing time is 1 hour and 50 minutes for either one; they sail from Dubrovnik in the mid-afternoon.
- Dubrovnik to Korcula: Jadrolinija‘s coastal catamaran can also obviously be used to reach Korcula from Dubrovnik – taking 1 hour 45 minutes. This one sails in the morning from Dubrovnik.
Getting to Korcula by ferry from Orebic
Korcula is situated very close to the mainland – only about 3.5km off the coast – and there are ferries from this part of the mainland (Orebic) to the island. This route is good to know if you’re looking for more options in reaching the island from southern Dalmatia (e.g. you could get a bus from Dubrovnik to Orebic) – or perhaps you have your own car and want to hop on a car ferry to Korcula.
Jadrolinija operate a car ferry service from Orebic to Domince, which is a suburb on the edge of Korcula Town. From Domince to the main part of Korcula it’s about a half hour walk, or you could get a local bus or taxi.
This ferry service is very, very frequent – there’s almost hourly ferries during the day, even in off season. Journey time is about half an hour.
There is also a foot passenger-only service from Orebic to Korcula which sails very, very frequently in the summer months. Timetable is here (unfortunately in Croatian only!).
Getting to Korcula by bus from Dubrovnik
There is a daily bus from Dubrovnik to the island of Korcula, which uses the above-mentioned ferry route. This bus route is run by the company Autotrans; you can look at the timetable on their website.
Getting around on Korcula
Buses operate between the main towns on the island – you can look up some timetables on the Autotrans website.