Here are options for getting to Zagreb by air, bus or train from various parts of Europe.
Getting to Zagreb – Flights from the UK & Ireland
- Croatia Airlines have daily flights from London Heathrow to Zagreb year-round
- British Airways have daily flights from London Heathrow that also operate year-round
Getting to Zagreb – Flights from Europe
Listed below are a number of direct flights from various European cities to Zagreb. Some routes only operate during summer – please check airlines’ websites for full details.
Flights from Austria to Zagreb:
- Croatia Airlines from Vienna year-round
Flights from Belgium to Zagreb:
- Croatia Airlines from Brussels year-round
Flights from Bosnia and Hercegovina to Zagreb:
- Croatia Airlines flights from Sarajevo year-round
Flights from the Czech Republic to Zagreb:
- Croatia Airlines flights from Prague year-round New for 2016!
Flights from Denmark to Zagreb:
- Croatia Airlines flights from Copenhagen year-round
Flights from France to Zagreb:
Fights from Germany to Zagreb:
- Croatia Airlines from Frankfurt year-round and Munich year-round
- Germanwings from Berlin, Cologne/Bonn, and Stuttgart (the airline can also be used to reach a number of other European cities by transferring at one of these German airports)
- Lufthansa from Frankfurt year-round and Munich year-round
Flights Israel to Zagreb:
- Croatia Airlines from Tel Aviv
Flights from Italy to Zagreb:
- Croatia Airlines from Bologna year-round, Rome and Milan New for 2016!
Flights from Kosovo to Zagreb:
- Croatia Airlines from Pristina year-round
Flights from Macedonia to Zagreb:
- Croatia Airlines from Skopje year-round
Flights from Montenegro to Zagreb:
- Montenegro Airlines from Podgorica
Flights from the Netherlands to Zagreb:
Flights from Poland to Zagreb:
- Eurolot from Warsaw year-round
Flights from Portugal to Zagreb:
- Croatia Airlines from Lisbon
Flights from Russia to Zagreb:
Flights from Qatar to Zagreb:
- Qatar Airways flights from Doha
Flights from Serbia to Zagreb:
- Air Serbia flights from Belgrade year-round
Flights from Spain to Zagreb:
Flights from Switzerland to Zagreb:
- Croatia Airlines flights from Zurich year-round
Flights from Turkey to Zagreb:
- Croatia Airlines flights from Istanbul year-round
Flights from the UAE to Zagreb:
- FlyDubai flights from Dubai year-round
Getting to Zagreb – By Bus and Train from Europe
There are international bus services from – amongst other places – Austria (Graz & Wien), Czech Republic (Brno & Prague), Italy (Trieste), Germany (various including Dortmund, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Munich, Stuttgart), and Switzerland (Lucerne & Zurich). Routes are operated by Croatia Bus, and you can also look up schedules on the Zagreb Bus Terminal website.
There are train services from many European cities; you can look up timetables on the excellent Die Bahn website.
Getting to Zagreb – From elsewhere in Croatia
As Croatia’s capital, Zagreb is obviously very well connected to the rest of the country. By far the quickest way of getting to Zagreb from other parts of the country is by air – Croatia Airlines have daily flights from Zadar, Split and Dubrovnik, all of which operate year-round, as well as summer flights to Bol (Brac). See our Flights in Croatia page for more details.
Trade Air also operate year-round flights from Osijek in eastern Croatia, and summer only flights from Rijeka – these flights can also be booked on the Croatia Airlines website.
If you’re reaching Zagreb by bus, check the Zagreb Bus Terminal website for timetable details of the many routes to and from Zagreb.
Train routes in Croatia aren’t as extensive as bus routes, but Zagreb is the most connected city of all. (Think of Zagreb as the main train hub in the country with routes branching out from it.) The most popular train route is to or from Split; you can also reach Rijeka by train (although bus is quicker!) or travel northeast towards the direction of Hungary. See the Croatia Railways site or the Die Bahn website for timetable details.