Here are options for getting to Zagreb by air from the UK, Ireland, Europe and the rest of the world, as well as by bus or train from Europe and other parts of Croatia.
Take a look at our Getting to and from Zagreb Airport page to find out how to best travel on from the airport once you land in Croatia.
Flights from the UK & Ireland
- Croatia Airlines have flights from London Heathrow to Zagreb year-round and from Dublin
- British Airways have flights from London Heathrow that also operate year-round
- Ryanair have daily flights from London Stansted year-round
Flights from Europe
Listed below are a number of direct flights from various European cities to Zagreb. Some routes only operate during summer – please check airlines’ websites for full details.
Flights from Austria to Zagreb:
Flights from Belgium to Zagreb:
Flights from Bosnia and Hercegovina to Zagreb:
- Croatia Airlines flights from Mostar new for 2023! year-round and Sarajevo year-round
Flights from Bulgaria to Zagreb:
- Ryanair from Sofia year-round
Flights from the Czech Republic to Zagreb:
- Czech Airlines flights from Prague
Flights from Denmark to Zagreb:
Flights from France to Zagreb:
- Air France flights from Paris year-round
- Croatia Airlines flights from Paris year-round
- Ryanair from Paris Beauvais year-round
Fights from Germany to Zagreb:
- Croatia Airlines from Frankfurt year-round and Munich year-round
- Eurowings from Berlin, Cologne/Bonn year-round, Dusseldorf and Stuttgart year-round (the airline can also be used to reach a number of other European cities by transferring at one of these German airports)
- Lufthansa from Frankfurt year-round and Munich year-round
- Ryanair from Dusseldorf Weeze year-round, Frankfurt Hahn year-round, Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden year-round, and Memmingen year-round
Flights from Greece to Zagreb:
Flights from Italy to Zagreb:
- Croatia Airlines from Rome (via Split/Dubrovnik) year-round
- Ryanair from Milan Bergamo year-round and Rome Fiumicino year-round
Flights from North Macedonia to Zagreb:
- Croatia Airlines from Skopje year-round
Flights from Montenegro to Zagreb:
Flights from the Netherlands to Zagreb:
Flights from Norway to Zagreb:
- Ryanair from Oslo year-round
Flights from Poland to Zagreb:
- LOT from Warsaw year-round
Flights from Portugal to Zagreb:
- TAP from Lisbon
Flights from Serbia to Zagreb:
- Air Serbia flights from Belgrade year-round
Flights from Slovakia to Zagreb:
- Ryanair from Bratislava
Flights from Spain to Zagreb:
- Croatia Airlines flights from Barcelona
- Iberia flights from Madrid
- Ryanair flights from Lanzarote new for 2023!
Flights from Sweden to Zagreb:
- Ryanair from Gothenburg year-round and Malmo year-round
Flights from Switzerland to Zagreb:
- Croatia Airlines flights from Zurich year-round
Flights from Turkey to Zagreb:
- Turkish Airlines flights from Istanbul year-round
Flights from outside Europe
Flights from Canada to Zagreb:
- AirTransat flights from Toronto
Flights from Israel to Zagreb:
- Croatia Airlines flights from Tel Aviv
Flights from Qatar to Zagreb:
- Qatar Airways flights from Doha
Flights from Turkey to Zagreb:
- Turkish Airlines flights from Istanbul
Getting to Zagreb By Bus and Train from Europe
There are international bus services to Zagreb from – amongst other places:
- Austria (Graz & Wien)
- Czech Republic (Brno & Prague)
- Italy (Trieste), Germany (various including Dortmund, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Munich, Stuttgart)
- Switzerland (Lucerne & Zurich)
There are train services from many European cities; you can look up timetables on the excellent Die Bahn website.
Getting to Zagreb from elsewhere in Croatia
As Croatia’s capital, Zagreb is obviously very well connected to the rest of the country; by far the quickest way of getting to Zagreb from other parts of the country is by air. Croatia Airlines have daily flights from Pula, Zadar, Split and Dubrovnik. All of these operate year-round, as well as summer flights to and from Bol (Brac).
Trade Air also operates year-round flights from Osijek in eastern Croatia – these flights can also be booked on the Croatia Airlines website.
See our Flights in Croatia page for more details of all the above flight options.
If you’re getting to Zagreb by bus, check the Zagreb Bus Terminal website for timetable details of the many routes to and from the city.
Train routes in Croatia aren’t as extensive as bus routes, but Zagreb is the most connected city of all. (Think of the city as the main train hub in the country with routes branching to/out from it.) The most popular train route is to or from Split; you can also reach Zagreb from Rijeka by train (although by bus is quicker!) or travel from northeastern Croatia and/or the direction of Hungary.