Here’s a rundown on getting to Istria from the UK and Ireland and Europe by air, bus or sea (from Italy), and reaching Istria from the rest of Croatia.
Getting to Istria – Flights from the UK and Ireland to Pula
The only airport in Istria is Pula Airport, to where the following airlines all fly:
- British Airways have flights from London Heathrow
- Ryanair has flights from London Stansted to Pula
- Easyjet have services from London Gatwick, London Luton, Bristol and Glasgow
- TUI have flights from London Gatwick, Bristol, Birmingham and Manchester to Pula
Getting to Istria – Flying to Italy from the UK
Before the advent of low-cost flights direct to Croatia, many visitors to Istria would often fly to one of the nearby Italian airports and then make their way to their chosen Istrian resort. This is still a suitable option if you’re trying to reach Istria out of season, or simply want more options in getting to the region.
Trieste is the closest airport to Istria, and Venice is also reasonably near. See our guides on Travelling from Trieste and Venice for full information on how to take advantage of flying to one of these airports.
Getting to Istria – Flights from Europe
The majority of the flights listed below only operate during summer months.
Flights from Belgium to Pula
Flights from France to Pula
- Easyjet from Paris
Flights from Finland to Pula
Flights from Germany to Pula
- Easyjet from Berlin
- Eurowings from Berlin, Cologne/Bonn, Hamburg, Stuttgart, Dusseldorf
- Lufthansa from Munich
- Ryanair from Dusseldorf new for 2023!
Flights from Italy to Pula
- Easyjet from Naples new for 2023!
Flights from The Netherlands to Pula
Flights from Norway to Pula
- Norwegian from Oslo
Flights from Poland to Pula
- Ryanair from Katowice new for 2023! and Poznan
Flights from Serbia to Pula
- Air Serbia flights from Belgrade
Flights from Sweden to Pula
- Norwegian from Stockholm
Flights from Switzerland to Pula
- Croatia Airlines flights from Zurich year-round
- Edelweiss flights from Zurich
- Peoples from St Gallen-Altenrhein new for 2023!
Getting to Istria via Zagreb
If you can’t find a direct flight from your home city – whether that’s in the UK or elsewhere in Europe – to Pula, try flying via Zagreb with Croatia Airlines.
Getting to Istria by bus or train from Italy
Bus is really a much better option for getting to Istria rather than train. Due to its proximately to Italy, there are a number of bus routes from Trieste – see timetables on the Trieste Bus Station website. Buses stop at Buje, Porec and Rovinj (as well as some other places) along the way to Pula – but please check timetables carefully!
There is also a bus from Venice to Pula that is run by FILS. Brioni also run a service to Pula (which stops at Vodnjan, Rovinj and Buje along the way) that starts in Padua (Padova) with stops also in Venice and Trieste.
Getting to Istria by Ferry from Italy
Venezia Lines has fast catamaran services from Venice to Porec, Rovinj, Pula and Rabac during summer.