Stari Grad is the second most popular town on the island of Hvar, and is located on the northern part of the island. The town is quieter than Hvar Town, so would be a great place to stay if you’re wanting to take advantage of the beauty of the island, but don’t want the hustle and bustle (and – sometimes – busy nightlife!) of Hvar Town. Stari Grad is also relatively easy to reach from Split as there are several ferries per day on this route that operate year-round. (Although the actual ferry port is outside of the town.) In terms of accommodation in Stari Grad, there are a handful of hotels – including the relatively new, luxury Maslina Resort – as well as a decent amount of private accommodation.
Use this map/search box to search for accommodation in Stari Grad, or check out our accommodation listings below:
Hotels in Stari Grad
Villas in Stari Grad
- Horaland – Sleeps 6, pool, parking, pets allowed, close to town centre
- Lavender Hill Hvar Spa – Sleeps 8 + 4, pool, parking, pets allowed, close to town centre, close to beach
- Luxury villa and pool – Sleeps 6, pool, parking, close to town centre, close to beach
- Villa Ekatera – Sleeps 8 + 1, pool, parking, close to town centre, close to beach
Hostels in Stari Grad
Camping in Stari Grad
There aren’t any campsites in/by Stari Grad, but there are a number of them elsewhere on the island of Hvar. Take a look at the Croatian Camping Union website to find a suitable campsite for you.
Private Accommodation in Stari Grad
- Search and book private accommodation with Booking.com