The Plitvice Lakes are truly a sight to behold! One of Croatia’s eight National Parks, the Lakes are in fact the largest tourist attraction in the country. Use the search box/map below to search for accommodation in the Plitvice Lakes.
There are only a handful of places to stay very near the park itself although there’s plenty of accommodation in the towns and villages in the larger area. If you’re staying a little away from the park, but have a car, then of course it isn’t a problem reaching the park. Many places are open year-round (as is the park itself – magical in winter!).
You can also head to the Korana River in the area for a refreshing dip if you fancy swimming, something that is probably best done in summer! There are also sports facilities in the area, so there’s plenty to keep you and your group occupied.
Take a look at the hotels, campsites, farm stays and private accommodation in and around the Plitvice Lakes in the lists below.
Accommodation in the Plitvice Lakes – Highlights
The Plitvice Holiday Resort has a wide variety of rooms on offer, but most spectacular are their ‘tree houses’. These raised rooms sleeping four people are up in the pine trees – but don’t worry, all have secure steps as access. (No climbing up rickety ladders here!) They are modern in design and feature a small kitchen, a terrace, and heating/air conditioning. If you don’t fancy sleeping so high up, the same resort has ‘lake houses’ which have a small terrace right on the water.
Accommodation in the Plitvice Lakes – Hotels
There are few hotels right by the Park, so below we have also listed hotels that are located in nearby towns and villages (and the distance they are from the Park). Any hotels not listed with a distance are right by the entrance to the Plitvice Lakes National Park.
Accomodation in the Plitvice Lakes – Hostels
- Dragan’s Den Hostel (in Vrhovine, 16km away – double and family rooms, plus beds in female and mixed dormitories)
- Falling Lakes Hostel (in Korenica, 10km away – double rooms and beds in mixed dormitories)
- Hostel Lana Haus (in Licko Petrovo Selo, 7km away – double rooms, singles beds in mixed rooms)
Accommodation in the Plitvice Lakes – Campsites
- Big Bear Plitvice Camping Resort (in Donji Babin Potok, 11.5km away – mobile homes sleeping 5 or 7)
- Campsite Korana
- Plitvice Holiday Resort
- Romantic Mongolian Yurt in the Wild (in Brocanac, 18km away – tents sleeping 2 or 4)
Farm stays in the Plitvice Lakes
For something rather different, how about staying on a farm? This type of accommodation can be a bit more ‘rustic’ but you’ll likely have plenty of outdoor space (great if you have kids) and animals on site. You won’t have to muck in, however!
- Farm Stay Zen (in Dreznik Grad, 7km away – 4 bedroom apartment)
- Farm Stay Kuca za Odmor 123 (in Catrnja, 6km away – houses sleeping 4 or 7)
- House Veljko (in Gornje Vrhovine, 15km away – twin or double room)